Friday, January 22, 2010

Curiosity...

Another cotton Unscrunchable Scarf, this one in Sugar ‘n Cream Weathered Rose colourway…


I used two skeins and the finished scarf size was 5” x 60” (12.7 cm x 152.4 cm) after blocking…


Did you notice I said it WAS that size? After wearing it for awhile and enjoying the softness of the yarn and the lovely colours, curiosity got the better of me and I just had to see what this yarn would look like as a Feather & Fan Cloth. Of course I didn’t have any more skeins of this colour, so I unzipped my beautiful scarf, rewound the yarn and made these…


I was pleased with the cloths, but after I had admired them for awhile, I wanted my scarf back. There are days when I really shouldn’t be allowed near my yarn and needles.

At least I have my pictures…


K taking close-ups in Steveston harbour…


Another January sunrise…


This little guy takes care of the smallest seeds…


And now I am going to take care of a mug of hot chocolate - and try to keep my hands off my finished knitting. I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”
~Dorothy Parker