Friday, January 15, 2010

Caramel...

This yummy scarf is the colour of caramel…


I used one skein of Bernat Berella 4 in the Topaz colourway and did my usual Unscrunchable scarf on 24 sts. and 5mm (US8) needles. To make a neater edge, I always slip the first stitch of every row knitwise…


I flattened this scarf, just like the chocolate scarf. I found instructions for the process here but I didn’t follow them. All I did was throw the scarf on the ironing board, place a towel over a section of the scarf and swoosh across it with the steam iron until it looked just right. The blocked scarf dimensions are 5” x 63” (13 cm x 160 cm). I love the silky feel of this yarn after a good steaming…


I didn’t see the little sparrow sitting on the fence when I first looked out the window….


We are having our usual winter weather on the coast…


Although it’s the middle of January, I don’t feel willing to let go of the holidays just yet. I have Christmas wallpaper on my monitor (I found the best free Christmas wallpapers here) and I’m still watching Elf and The Snowman; maybe by Valentine’s Day I will be ready to move on…


I came across this link to a plentiful supply of free knitting and crochet patterns at Webs online store and I am passing it on to you, dear reader. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."
~ W.T. Ellis