Friday, February 10, 2006

Lacy Scarf...

I knit a lacy scarf last year but haven't shared it here. This is an easy peasy pattern that works up quickly no matter what yarn or needle size you use. I've knit several in worsted weight and 6mms (US10) and a few in bulky weight with 8mms (US11).



I used 8mm needles and some yarn stash that had been kicking around for awhile. I combined two strands of worsted weight, one smooth and one soft mohair (you could also use one strand of bulky yarn). Cast on 17 sts (or any odd number of sts) and repeat the following row until you run out of yarn or you lose interest:

K3, *yo, k2tog*, repeat to last 2 sts, K2.

Cast off when done. That’s it. You have a scarf. Didn't I say it was easy? A lacy scarf with minimal effort - that's my kind of knitting.



I know Spring is here because our daffodils are sprouting and all the bushes in our yard have buds popping out...




Bare Naked Heads…
K built me a head so I’d have something other than a bear to model my hats.



Here it is fully clothed, complete with my red sideways scarf:





You might notice a lack of Sarah photos. The poor bunny has a bad case of mildew and is not feeling well (she doesn't smell so great either). So while we wait for Sarah to recover, the sheep are guarding my hat:




I hope your week is a peaceful one. See you next Friday.







“The eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.”
~Margaret Atwood