Friday, January 23, 2009

Unscrunchable Scarf...

I started with the intention of knitting the Scrunchable Scarf


Due to my inability to read a very simple pattern, I managed to make a mess several times before I finally gave up and decided to do it my way…


Here’s what I did to make my Unscrunchable Scarf:

Cast on 24 sts. with 5mms (US8) using one skein (182 metres/200 yards) of Caron Simply Soft Paints - Harlequin colourway. This yarn has beautiful colours with a hand painted look…


I proceeded to K3, P1 across the row and repeated that one row over and over until I had just enough yarn to cast off. I washed the scarf in the sink with a little bit of shampoo, gave a rinse and squeezed as much water out as I could, then draped it over the drying rack for a good air dry. It came out yummy soft…


Final measurements after blocking: 4.25” x 60” (llcm x 152cm) – a perfect size for keeping the neck warm and toasty on a cold winter’s day without too much bulk (and a perfect recipe for one skein of yarn). If you want to widen this scarf, cast on extra sts. in multiples of 4...

I'm not sure what happened to this photo...do you like my mauve chin?

Now we will take a sip of water before finishing our stretching exercises…



Well dear reader, I’m off to start another Unscrunchable Scarf (you knew I couldn't make just one),so I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” ~Theodore Geisel