Friday, January 16, 2009

B Is For...

Bainbridge, my 4th one…


B is also for Ballband, another one…


Again I used only one skein of variegated cotton (Sugar ‘n Cream), ignoring the references in the pattern to switch between two colours.

I also changed the number of stitches and tidied the edges a bit: I cast on 39sts. instead of 45 and added 2 knit stitches to each side, each row, for a total of 43 sts. Knit the first 2 sts. and the last 2 sts. of every row and follow the directions from the pattern for the stitches in between (I hope that makes sense)…


Little squirrel was amazed to see how quickly the snow melted…


For several days we had ginormous amounts of rain…


Now we are in a fog and the sun is trying valiantly to break through. I have saved one small reminder of our snowy winter...



I hear a mug of hot chocolate calling my name, so I will wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.




“I cannot give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”
~Herbert Bayard Swope