Friday, February 17, 2006

Knitting when I shouldn't...

This week I started two new knitting projects and I have a third one on the burner. I've even finished one of them. So much for being a participant in the Homer Simpson Knitting Olympics. I think I’ve broken every rule so far and I haven’t watched a single minute of the Games. Oh well, I never said I was a team player.

My first project is a scarf (surprise!), knit lengthwise in shades of cream and beige:



The pattern is alternating bands of garter and stockinette stitch. I’m trying something different with the fringe knots. We’ll see how that goes.

Next up is another scarf in seed stitch. I’m knitting this one lengthwise with two strands of yarn – a mauve DK weight and a hot pink mohair WW weight – on 8mms (US 11).



My finished scarf is the colour of Easter eggs:



It’s a short scarf (32”) so I’ve added a keyhole to hold it together. If you would like the pattern, such as it is, send me an email.

and just to show I used to knit socks to completion, here's a photo of one knit with pale mauve wool in baby cable rib:




My wizard knitting friend created this sweet little teddy and the very cool baby booties:



Bunny Update...
I think Sarah needs surgery. The stuffing has to be replaced and the body needs to be washed separately. Not sure if I'm up to that task but I might be able to talk a friend who does a lot of sewing into performing the operation.

Sarah looks fairly decent on the outside but her smell isn't pretty and I sneeze every time I get near her. Anyhoo, here's a photo of the wascally wabbit:



Remember I said last week that Spring had come to the west coast? Not quite. The buds are on the trees but the temps are down and it's chilly at night. The weatherman is teasing me with promises of snow next weekend. Being the eternal optimist, I believe him.

I hope your week is a peaceful one. See you next Friday.






“Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”
~Langston Hughes