Friday, February 24, 2006

Bunny On Ice...

A reader gave me the idea of chilling Sarah in the freezer to get rid of the mildew odour. It worked! She now smells more like a bunny and less like a wet sock. The best part is she doesn’t need an operation. Another week or so in the deep freeze should have her hopping around again.



The lengthwise scarf is finished. The pattern - garter/stockinette - worked out nicely but I should have used a larger needle size because the scarf feels a bit stiff to me. I forgot that my tension changes when I'm not knitting in seed stitch. Botheration. Never mind though, there's always another scarf.



My knitting friend created this lovely baby blanket from Bernat yarns:


Wildlife…
Peanut Butter is back – or one of his offspring. It’s not a great photo because I was shooting through glass and the little fur ball wouldn’t come any closer, even when I coaxed him with fresh peanuts-in-the-shell.


Our birdbath is missing one important part – the actual bath. The basin cracked over winter and K has it in the shop for repairs. 17 years is a good life span for a bird bath, I think. In the meantime we’re using the lid from one of our garbage cans.

Sarah came out of cold storage temporarily to help me with another new scarf, this one in 3x3 rib, 5mms (US8) and scrap yarn. When I'm finished knitting, there will be about 3,000 ends to darn in.



And now I’m off for a little smackerel of something (I’m on a Winnie the Pooh theme today). I hope your week is a peaceful one. See you next Friday.





“Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”
~Winnie the Pooh