Friday, October 23, 2009

Garden Stripes...

Instead of another hat, you get to see the charming Spenser wearing an Unscrunchable Scarf...


Would you believe I knit this with dishcloth cotton...


I used two skeins of Sugar ‘n Cream in Garden Stripes colourway …


Yes, it’s autumn here and the weather is cold and damp and chilly and wet - and I am knitting scarves from dishcloth cotton. My brain must be addled from too much vertigo, but I like the colours and the soft cottony feeling and I want to make more of them (good thing the Knitting Police don't know where I live or I'm sure they would confiscate my needles)…


October sunrise in Steveston…


and a damp raccoon…


I’m off to fling more cotton on my needles, so I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.”
~e. e. cummings