Friday, November 06, 2009

Harvest...

I used my 4x4 Cowl pattern to knit this cozy neck warmer in Patons Classic Merino Wool Harvest colourway…


I did everything the same as my original cowl - stitches, length, needle size, etc. - except I used worsted weight instead of DK weight. The wool version is much warmer than the acrylic and it stretches a lot more because of the thicker yarn, so it can fit a variety of sizes…


The pattern is a good one for me because all I have to do is knit 4, purl 4 around and around until I reach 9 inches or I run out of yarn, so there’s no strain on my wobbly brain cells…


I'm always surprised how soft the Patons Classic Merino Wool is. Some wools make me itch, but this brand is kind to my very sensitive yet scrawny neck...


I'm now working on a Twisted Rib Watch Cap in Patons Classic Merino Wool Leaf Green colourway. The website link doesn't work anymore, so I can only give you the Ravelry link where you can download a free pdf file.

This seems like such a simple design - k1 through the back, p1, round and round - but it's the 'through the back' that keeps me on my toes. I've lost count of the number of times I've started over, but I'm not going to let a twisted knit stitch defeat me. We'll see how far I get in a week...


Tiny orange mushrooms after the rain…


and a different Steveston sunrise...



Now I'm going to play with my wool collection, dear reader, so I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man.”
~ Edward Steichen