Friday, October 16, 2009

Mad Hatter...

I go through phases where I’ll knit nothing but scarves or cloths or hats; it seems I am in my hat phase now....


I knit this Easy Watch Cap with Elann Superwash Worsted in the Merlot colourway...


I used two skeins and doubled them for a thicker knit. I also lengthened the stockinette section to 6 inches / 15 cm for more coverage. The pattern calls for bulky yarn but I didn’t get anywhere near bulky gauge and it still fits my ginormous melon head just fine...


Storm clouds in the harbour…


A crab boat leaving port…


The squirrels are stocking up...


for the cold days ahead...


Each day brings a little more chill, a little less light and a lot more rain - all good reasons to take a hot chocolate break and enjoy the moment. I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"Listen! the wind is rising,
and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!"
~Humbert Wolfe