Friday, October 09, 2009

Fail Better...

It isn’t uncommon for me to rip back a project and start over, but I think I’ve set an all-time personal record. 21 = the number of attempts it took to finish this Warm Ribbed Winter Hat in thrift shop wool...


Ribbed hats look funny when they aren’t perched on a noggin; good thing little teddy is so cute...


I knit the first 3 inches/8 cm in K2xP2 to tighten up the fold-over ribbing; then I continued in k4xP4 pattern for the remainder of the hat, all on 4.5mm (US7) needles and 88 sts...


I’ve since cast cast on another hat with more thrift wool in shades of grey and brown with red/blue flecks. This time I’m knitting The Boyfriend Hat pattern. 11 attempts so far…


A glorious sunrise in Steveston…


Minutes later…


Our hydrangeas are losing their blues…


So I’m off to fail again and try again. I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
~Samuel Beckett