Friday, October 02, 2009

Little Green Gaiter...

My new favourite knit is Goodman’s Gaiter


Tea knit her beautiful gaiter with Lionbrand Wool-Ease Chunky and 6.5mms but I didn’t have any chunky yarn in my stash so I converted the pattern to knitting with a DK weight. The yarn I used was purchased at the local thrift shop for $1.00Cdn (I love a bargain). It’s called Noble Double Knitting, made in France, 88% acrylic & 12% wool, 40g, 95metres / 104 yards…


I cast on 99sts to my 5mm (US8) circular, then knit the pattern with 4.5mms (US7) until I almost ran out of yarn, finishing with a loose bind-off on 5mms. I had just enough yarn to knit 6-1/2 in / 16.5 cm in height. It fits so nicely around my neck, not too tight or too loose but just right…


I added a button to the fold-over edge. Instead of sewing on the button, I pinned it through the top layer so I can remove or change it anytime I want…


A close-up view…


another button from my collection…


I see many more Goodman’s Gaiters coming up, especially with the chilly weather we are having. Autumn has definitely arrived on the coast and we are seeing some amazing sunrises in the harbour…


Fuzzytail is gathering food…


and Rocky raccoon is playing with an old potholder he found somewhere…


and now I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“Everyone should take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.”
~Elizabeth Lawrence