Friday, September 03, 2010

Licorice...

I had one skein of the Dalmation colourway from Coolspun Cotton left in my stash so I knit me another Circle Cloth


This one reminds me of licorice allsorts. It isn’t as pleasing as the Tulip Stitch Cloth I made a few weeks ago but I don’t think there are many patterns that would do this colourway justice; nevermind though, it’s a-ok for washing dishes…


There are lots more fishing boats in Steveston harbour with the huge run of sockeye salmon this year…


A quiet moment before the opening…


and the photographer is waiting…


The hydrangeas have turned mostly purple but there are a few still hanging onto their blueness…


How many peanuts can I eat at one time...


Now I’m going to look through my meagre stash and see what’s next on the needles. Autumn is almost here and it’s beginning to feel like scarf or mitten or hat knitting weather; hopefully some browsing will help me make up my mind. Meanwhile I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you soon.



"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."
~ Mary Engelbreit