Friday, March 29, 2013

Magic...

There's been some magical knitting....a colourful Scrunchable Scarf from a Magic Ball...
 
 
I tied all my variegated scraps of Sugar 'n Cream with knots (which I then clipped close to the knot edge) and continued knitting a 2x1 rib on my 4.5mm needles (US7) until I ran out of yarn.
Final measurements: 5” x 64” / 13cm x 162 cm.
 
I didn't follow any particular tutorial or pattern; the only choice I made was using a dark-ish yarn, then a light-ish yarn; otherwise I just dipped into my scrap stash and tied each piece together as it came out of the bag.
 It's ever so cheerful and cozy and I feel all cuddled up in colours when I wear it...
 
 
There's magic outside too...
House Finch...
 
Oregon Junco...

new growth (Chinese lanterns)...
 
and a fuzzy new friend named Peep...
 
Wishing you a magical week ahead -
and a happy Easter, dear reader!
 
 
“I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day,
 a fresh try, one more start,
with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.”
~ J. B. Priestley