Friday, July 01, 2011

What A Difference A Stitch Makes...

I made myself two facecloths from two skeins of Bernat Handicrafter in Lavender Ice but knit with different designs. The first cloth is the Kitchen Cotton Dishcloth pattern…

and the second one is the DW Cloth...

It's hard to believe they are from the same colourway. My third facecloth was knit with Bernat in Beach Ball Blue, using the Basket Rib Hand Towel pattern...

I cast on 46 sts. to my 4mm (US6) needles for all three cloths and knit until I ran out of yarn. The finished size is 9-1/2" x 9-1/2" (24cm x 24 cm), just right for a facecloth...

Early morning at the pier...

and flowers in a church garden...

Greytail...

It seems that words are hard to come by this morning, dear reader, so I'll just wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon.



"Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts."
~ Margaret Lee Runbeck