Friday, July 22, 2011

A Warm Hug...

Isn't this Romney Kerchief beautiful? Bear insisted he should be the first to model my kerchief so I tried to straighten him up a bit but his flyaway fur refused to settle (although I did manage to polish his nose to a bright shine)...

My dear friend Mary knit this for me from a skein of Grass in colourway no. 9088. The colours are more intense than what my camera shows; there is a hint of purple and green running through the silvery grey base and reminds me of a swift flowing river. It feels so soft and manages to make me look all grown-up and fashionable (which is a miracle, really). I love this kerchief SO much...I feel like I'm being hugged by a friend...

I started to knit myself an Unscrunchable Scarf with two skeins of Sugar 'n Cream stripes...

and it was coming along just fine until I decided I'd rather use the yarn for cloths, so now it is in the process of being made into several feather & fans. It did look pretty as a scarf though, so I might just revert back again; good thing this yarn is strong...

My kiddo taking photos whilst I take photos of him (and the boats)...

We came across this wild and crazy tree/bush/shrub along the boardwalk; I call it the purple sausage tree but kiddo says it looks more like cotton candy...

I think now would be a good time to stop talking and take a nap, so I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon, dear reader.



“Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism.”
~ Leo Buscaglia