Friday, August 05, 2011

Cotton Candy...

is what I call this scarf, knit from a large skein of Bernat Handicrafter Stripes - ( 152m / 166 yd.)...

I used my Lacy Scarf pattern and 5mm / US8 needles with a cast on of 21 stitches...

Final measurements are 5.6 in / 14.2 cm width x 55 in / 1.4 m length after blocking...

The hydrangeas are blooming madly in all directions now that we are having summery weather...

but the squirrels have been very quiet this past month...most likely the parents are recovering from raising their young and the kids are off somewhere tormenting other humans...

A quiet moment in the harbour..

I think I'll wander outside and admire the hydrangeas, then sit in the shade and watch the clouds float by, so I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you soon, dear reader.

“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is hardly a waste of time.”
~ John Lubbock