Friday, January 21, 2011

Ripples...

I made another wee towel this week from the Ripple Hand Towel pattern. This design is surprisingly easy for my wobbly brain to decipher, in spite of there being 8 pattern rows (I just never know what will work and what won't)...

I used a 80yd / 73 m skein of Bernat Handicrafter in Hot Green. The finished size after blocking is 9”x12” / 23 x 30 cm) and it's already in use...

Golden ripples...

from a golden sunrise...

It's only January and the first buds of the blue hydrangeas are peeking out from their winter sleep...

Stormy weather...

A west coast January...

Soon it will be time for a small walkabout in the rain, so I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"All rivers, even the most dazzling, those that catch the sun in their course, all rivers go down to the ocean and drown. And life awaits man as the sea awaits the river.
~ Simone Schwarz-Bart