Friday, January 28, 2011

The Big Cowl...

I thought I'd knit myself a new cowl, so I enjoyed a leisurely browse through the Ravelry collection until I finally settled on the Ithacowl (Ravelry link)…

I started my cast on with a 5mm (US8) circular, knit the remainder of the cowl with a 4mm (US6) circular and then switched back to 5mm and bound off in the rib pattern...

This cowl is bigger in diameter than any I've knit before but I'm really happy with it and I think I will make more of this design; it will be especially nice to wear in the spring when I need something light and soft around my scrawny neck to keep the chill away.

I used two skeins of Bernat Handicrafter in French Blue and at the end, only a few inches were left...

Early morning at river's edge...

further along River road...

It's not easy to be well-groomed when you're this soggy...


I had intended to start another cowl right away but somehow a scarf was flung on the needles before I realized what had happened. I'm not very clever at working on more than one project at a time but I am brilliant at planning dozens and dozens of projects for the future, most of which I never make; so whilst I tootle away at my longish scarf I'll browse and dream about the next cowl I might knit.

In the meantime I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."
~ Albert Einstein