Friday, February 11, 2011

A hint of spring...

Our daffodils are bravely pushing through the soil...

and the crocuses are bursting out all over the park...

Another new-to-me scarf pattern, the Sinful Ribbed Scarf has only two repeat rows and is a very soothing knit (scroll to bottom of page for the pdf and Ravelry link)...

I used 3 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter in Cherry Swirl, for a total of 204 yards on my 4mm (US6) needles; finished size is 5-1/4” x 56” (13 cm x 145 cm). I liked it so much I made another one in the Sun Kissed Ombre colours...

A different view from Richmond, looking towards Vancouver and the snowy north shore mountains...

I came across an interesting scarf-related site called Tie My Scarf. Who knew you could need lessons in scarf tying? Apparently I do; I tried to copy the Figure 8 style in one of the videos and almost strangled myself in the process (hopefully you aren't as clumsy).

This beautiful heart box was created by my kiddo in his workshop...

It's time to celebrate with chocolate so I'm off to get my supply of vitamin C. I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



'There's not a leaf that falls
upon the ground
But holds some joy,
of silence or of sound.'
~ Samuel Blanchard, Hidden Joys