Friday, January 14, 2011

Mosaic...

I've actually knit with something other than dishcloth cotton! This scarf was made from one skein of Bernat Mosaic in the Spectrum colourway...

I really like this yarn. It reminds me of Noro Kureyon with the long colour changes and the thick and thin component, except it's 100% acrylic. It feels almost like a thick brushed cotton and knits up beautifully, so if you have a wool allergy, this might be a nice substitute...

My finished Unscrunchable Scarf measures 6” x 60” (15cm x 147 cm) after blocking and swooshing with the steam iron...

We had snow on Wednesday morning...

but it didn't stop this intrepid fisherman...

There, I think I've said all I had in mind for today, so I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"The snow itself is lonely or, if you prefer, self-sufficient. There is no other time when the whole world seems composed of one thing and one thing only."
~ Joseph Wood Krutch