Friday, November 05, 2010

Mistakes...

There seems to be a million ways to knit the mistake rib pattern but I decided to use the easy peasy Mistake Stitch Scarf from The Purl Bee...


All I did was cast on 39 stitches to my 4mms (US6) and k2, p2 until the last 3 stitches, ending with k2, p1. I'm using Bernat Handicrafter cotton in beige twist colourway and so far it's measuring a width of approx. 4 inches, although when I started the measurement was 8 inches. The mistake rib really squeezes the stitches together as you knit, so if you use this pattern be sure to cast on more stitches than you think you'll need. I'm not 100% sure I'll continue on as the cotton is feeling a bit heavy with all those stitches scrunched up together. I might just rip it all out and start over...


A Feather & Fan cloth and a Circle cloth from one skein of Sugar 'n Cream in bright yellow (with just a wee smidge left over)...


The pumpkins were on the small side this year (and some of them were red)...


An early morning visitor...


and an early morning sunrise...


And now I'm going to wander around and see what the day brings, so I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.”
~ Steven Wright