Friday, November 12, 2010

North of 60...

I celebrated my birthday this week; so far I like being 60 very much, especially when there is chocolate cake involved...


I unravelled the Twisted Rib scarf from last week and started to knit one of my Feather & Fan cloths, but somewhere along the way I veered off course and continued making one very long cloth/scarf...


What a blast it was to keep knitting my favouritey pattern forever and ever until the yarn ran out. I used a ginormous skein of Bernat Handicrafter yarn so I didn't have any joins to fiddle with; it's a lovely warm cloth/scarf and the colour matches my chocolatey brown jacket...


Early morning at the Steveston docks...


Ben loves my cloth/scarf too...


So, dear reader, I'm off to do stuff that a 60 year old would do, like...hmmm...I'm not sure yet what 60 year olds do that would be any different from what 59 year olds do, but I'm sure it involves having lots of fun and eating lots of chocolate, woohoo!

In the meantime, I'll wish you a peaceful week and hope we'll meet here again next Friday, when I will try to be on time, but I make no promises, being 60 and all...I might just be having too much fun...



“Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've travelled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.”
~ Will Rogers