Friday, October 29, 2010

Bigfoot...

I'll bet you didn't know Bigfoot is real and lives at our house (he's also bilingual)...


This furry fellow was a promotional offer from Lipton soup in the mid 80s. We owned a Bigfoot trailer at the time and Mr. Gros-Pas was our travelling mascot...


On the knitting front, I've discovered a new-to-me pattern called the One Row Handspun Scarf...


I used Bernat Berella 4 in the Grape colourway. I cast on 30 sts. to my 4.5mm (US7) needles and knit until I ran out. After blocking with the steam iron - swoosh, swoosh - my scarf measures 6" x 56" (15.24 cm x 1.4 m)...


This pattern has been around for 4 years and I've just discovered it, so now I have to catch up. I like how one twisted stitch can make all the difference in a simple design – it's so pretty!


Squirrel in a basket...


Early morning moon in Steveston...


Now it's time to fill my face with munchies (and maybe some hot chocolate) so I'll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.”
~ Winnie the Pooh