Friday, May 29, 2009

My Big Adventure...

I went for a small walkabout at Iona Island one morning this week...


It was a bright sunny day, but there was a cold wind ablowin’, hence the wool cap and hoodie and sunglasses (I can't blame the funny face on the weather though)…


A beautiful view…


and some wild roses…



Then we came home and whilst I collapsed in bed, K proceeded to rip apart our downstairs bathroom. Do you recognize the era by the colours? How about 1976, when everything was brown…


and orange (that isn’t dirt on the lino, it’s all part of the lovely design)…


It’s a tiny room – no bath, just a toilet, basin, cabinet and mirror – so it shouldn’t take too long to complete. Did I just say that? Talk about putting a curse on a project. I’ll keep you posted.

Speaking of orange, I used up all of mine in another leftover towel…



The gray and black squirrels sharing a meal...


I hope you enjoyed today’s wee post, dear reader. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I may have more photos of the renovation project. We’ll see how that goes.



“Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny.”
~Kathryn Carpenter