Friday, March 13, 2009

Tulips In The Snow...


This is the beautiful Tulip Stitch Cloth from Tea’s blog. My foundation row was a bit tight and I had to wrestle with the crochet hook to get those first stitches done but after that it was smooth sailing. I want to make many more cloths from this lovely pattern.

Oh yes, we had snow this week. It came in a flurry of flakes early Monday morning (poor commuters)...


I sat by the living room window and watched the magic unfold…


K took this photo of a flicker at Terra Nova park…


Two days later we had sunshine and green grass…


and buds on the trees…


I came across two new-to-me charity links and thought I would share with those of you who enjoy knitting for the greater good…

Beanies for Babies Campaign: (I think this ends December 2009 but you can contact them for more information).

Women4Women, Knitting4Peace: This group is asking for peace shawls (similar to prayer shawls) to be given to women in areas of conflict around the world.

On the subject of community knitting, I accomplished my personal goal of knitting 500 feather & fan cloths for the Canada Comforts project. I’m happy to have reached my goal earlier than expected, especially during some turbulent times with my health. It gives me a feeling of great joy to knit for others.

I haven't decided whether I will continue to knit for this project or focus on another area of community knitting, but while I pondered this question I managed to complete my 501st cloth…


So, I’m going to stop talking now and carry on knitting, dear reader. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



"You will find, as you look back on your life, that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others."
~Henry Drummond