Friday, March 06, 2009

Cheap, Cheap

With one skein of Sugar ‘n Cream variegated cotton (95 yards/87 metres), I managed to squeeze out a Feather & Fan Cloth plus a Basket Rib Cloth


and a tiny amount left over …


My Feather & Fan cloth takes approx. 54-55 yards (49-50 metres) and the Basket Rib cloth uses 38-39 yards (35-36 metres). For the Basket Rib cloth, I added a few rows of garter stitch at the top and bottom and knit only 10 repeats, otherwise everything else is the same as the pattern…


I collect the little leftover bits in a basket and one day they’ll become another Whiskers Cloth - like this one, only in blue…


I’m happy when I can use up every speck of yarn from the skein; I like to think I’m being thrifty and creatively crafty (and maybe a little cheap).

It’s March and our daffodils are sprouting…


and the squirrels are frisky …


and the boats are busy in the harbour...



Dear reader, it was touch & go whether I'd have any photos to share this week. I was putting my post together and suddenly I couldn't remember how to upload the photos. My mind went completely blank and I have to say, I freaked a little. No worries though, eventually the light came on and all's well (at least for today).

So, I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, if I can remember how to do this again.



“Thrift was never more necessary in the world's history than it is today.”
~Francis H. Sisson