Friday, October 03, 2008

Bainbridge...

I knit me a Bainbridge Scarf


I made mine the same as the original, except I left the ties off and knit a 5” height instead of 4”. I used Patons Astra in Dark Country Green and had just a smidge left. Instead of ties, I added a pin and decorated it with one of my favourite stitch markers, folded the scarf over at a comfortable angle and pinned through all layers….


You wouldn’t believe how comfortable and snuggly this scarf is; it fits nicely under my coat collar and if I get too warm, I just undo the pin and open the scarf up to its full size. I love this pattern.

Teddy loves it even more…


On a non-knitting topic, we went to Steveston harbour early one morning to watch the sunrise (that’s Mt. Baker, Washington in the background)…


It was breathtaking and so peaceful at that time of the morning…


Well, I’m off to knit another Bainbridge scarf, so I will wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



"Watching a sunrise, we open ourselves up to the beauty that nature creates, knowing it will never repeat itself just like this again."
~ Jake Rajs