Friday, September 26, 2008

360...


that’s how many feather & fan cloths I’ve knit for charity. I almost have the pattern memorized…I say ‘almost’ because I often forget a ‘yarn over’ in the pattern row or I lose my place because of dizziness. I started knitting these cloths in early 2007 and it’s been fun to see how many I could complete before reaching saturation point…


I was hoping to hit my goal of 500 this year but I’m finding it a struggle now, so I’ll put them aside for awhile. I am really enjoying my Basket Rib Hand Towels and they are piling up quickly...


This one reminds me of a watercolour painting…


I’m feeling a wee bit guilty about knitting stuff that isn’t for charity, but it also feels kind of nice to be doing something for myself once in awhile. Little monkey thinks so too…


K took this amazing photo of a Stellars Jay in our backyard, the first time we’ve ever been visited by this bird (actually there are two jays and we’re hoping they will stay awhile)…


We took a walk in our park and came across this leaf in autumn colours...


So, I’m off to knit me another towel and maybe another neckwarmer or two. I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday (when it will be October, just imagine).



“Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.”
~Faith Baldwin