Friday, August 01, 2008

Sunflowers & rain showers...

Our sunflower is blooming in the rain...


On the knitting front, I’ve made another mat from my favourite Stockinette Triangle pattern…


My recipe: with 4.5mms (US7) needles and 2 skeins of Sugar ‘n Cream Landscape, cast on 51 sts (45 sts. for the pattern and 3 sts. each side for the seed stitch edge. Knit 4 or 5 rows, then begin the stockinette triangle pattern, keeping the first 3 and last 3 sts. in seed stitch (or your favourite edge stitch)….


Continue until you have completed 16 pattern repeats, then 4 or 5 rows of seed stitch and cast off. Final measurements after wet blocking and a swoosh with the steam iron: 11"x14” – just right for a small kitchen table…


I had enough yarn left over from the two skeins of S’nC to knit a feather & fan cloth; how cool is that – a placemat and cloth from 190 yards of cotton (with just a smidge left over)….


After this, I cast on for a Basket Rib Hand Towel


I used a skein of yarn that was gifted to me without a label, so I’m not sure what the ingredients are. I think it could be mercerized cotton; it’s very soft and smooth and Sheepie loves it…


The hostas are refreshed too...


I will leave you with a wish for a peaceful week, dear reader, and a hope that we may meet next Friday.



"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain; What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again."
~Arthur Freed