Friday, August 08, 2008

Hot August Knits...

I finished the Basket Rib Hand Towel in mystery DK cotton…


I love this pattern! I cast on 50 sts. with my 3.75mm Denise needles and knit 23 repeats of the 4 row pattern. I altered the design slightly by adding 3 rows of garter stitch each end…


then I made one in Sugar ‘n Cream country twists. For this towel I used my 4.2mm Denise needles, cast on 46 sts. and knit 20 repeats…


and green twists…


and rose twists…


All the cloths blocked out to 10”x14”. After several washings, the mystery cotton is the same size whilst the cotton twists are 9-1/2”x13”. I used almost every speck of each 95 yard skein - a good use of those lonely cotton skeins in your stash.

I’m using the towels for my daily face wash, so I need to make one for each day of the week, plus a few extra for good luck…


Baby blues…


growing quickly…



I had more words I wanted to share with you, dear reader, but my eyes are a wee bit blurry, so I will wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



"August rushes by like desert rainfall,
A flood of frenzied upheaval,
Expected,
But still catching me unprepared…”
~ Elizabeth Maua Taylor, August