Friday, May 23, 2008

Old Familiar...

Do you have an old familiar, dear reader, one of those pieces of clothing you just can’t part with, no matter how ratty and grey it has become? I have such a sweater and we are constant knitting companions…


(The knit-in-progress is a Domestic Dish Towel in Dalmation colours.

When I first owned this sweater, I wore it only during the summer months on my work commute, then I expanded to weekend jaunts and eventually it was showing up on my back everywhere I went. It has become thin as gauze and holes often appear at the slightest touch. Now I only wear it at home when I am knitting, so it’s still in daily use.

When I’m otherwise occupied, Basil likes to borrow it for a cuddle…



In between moments of photographing my sparse and shabby wardrobe for public display, I’ve managed to complete another placemat..


or towel…


This little mat was knit with Bernat Handicrafter in Lazy Daisy and I gave it a seed stitch border - 56 sts., 16 pattern repeats, 2 balls of yarn…



Our hostas are flourishing in the sunny weather…


and mama squirrel is bulking up at the peanut parlour…



I came across what looks like a very simple Bunny tutorial and thought it would be fun to try one day. Hopefully someone else will go first and report back to me just how easy it is ^.^


I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday. Don’t forget to treasure your ‘old familiar’.



“Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul.”
~Mark Twain