Friday, May 30, 2008

Grommet...

It’s the name chosen by the designer, not me. This one is definitely a placemat, not a towel…


I used two balls of Bernat Handicrafter in Rosewood with 15 yards (13.71 metres) at the finish. Unfortunately I’ve managed to misplace the pattern link. I know it’s from Lily Sugar ‘n Cream but when I check their free patterns site, the Grommet placemat is nowhere to be found. I’ll keep looking but if you happen to locate it before me, dear reader, could you please send along the link and I’ll share it next week? Thank you so much.

Here's the finished mat. The largish patch of white on the left side is where I added in the second ball of yarn; I must be more careful next time to blend in the colours...


I’ve only cast on 70 sts. instead of the 80 sts. needed for a 17” wide mat. We have a small kitchen table – cute but small – so I make my mats 14 -15” wide and 11 – 12” high. After a gentle blocking, it’s ready for use as a placemat, although lambie prefers it as a blanket…


I enjoyed this easy pattern and have started another one, this time in Lemon Swirl…


and because I had a bunch of the same colour in my stash, I finished 3 of my feather & fan cloths for the birthing project…



Speaking of feather & fan, I thought you might like to see a modified feather & fan baby blanket in progress on Denise’s blog - it’s quite beautiful (scroll down the page for the photos).

Crow is having a contemplative moment in the garden; he was mesmerized by this buttercup…


and mama squirrel is taking a much-needed nap…


I think I will follow her example and have a rest too.

ps: I’ve managed to lose my blog links in the sidebar; no idea how or why (well, it could have happened when I was fidgeting around with my template one day whilst I was quite wobbly with vertigo (why I feel compelled to tackle things when I am at my lowest point, I'll never know). I'll work on repairing it when I have a clear mind. In the meantime, I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday. Take care of each other.



“Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.”
~Voltaire