Friday, April 04, 2008

Spring Light...

Steveston harbour in early spring…



Our grass is covered with tiny violet flowers…



The daffodils are still growing…


and the squirrels are visiting in abundance, searching for peanuts…



My wizard knitting friend has been felting some beautiful moccasins…



and I made my first cotton towel from the Triangle Cloth pattern, using Bernat Cotton Handicrafter and size 4mm (US6) needles…


I didn’t think I would have the concentration to finish but it was an easy knit, especially since I’ve memorized the pattern. The dimensions are 12” x 18” and I used approx. 200 yards of yarn…


I’d really like to be knitting something more complex than a towel or cloth but this is all I can manage at the moment, so you’ll probably be seeing lots more of them for awhile. I might try to knit a towel in my version of the feather & fan pattern.

KnitPicks have updated their wallpaper site with some beautiful pictures and Unicorn Books have a whack of free knitting patterns on their site.


Remnants of winter…




I’m off to see my lovely dentist, so I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself.”
~Colonel Potter, M.A.S.H.