Friday, April 11, 2008

Old Salt...


K on the waterfront…


A hooded merganzer in full plumage…



I made two Feather & Fan cloths with Sugar ‘n Cream in patio pinks and jewels colourways. They look almost edible….


My pink dish towel is on duty...


It took two trips through the washing machine before the towel worked nicely for drying dishes.

I have located another link to the Stockinette Triangle Cloth and this site is much easier to access. The pattern is in multiples of 5, plus your desired number of stitches for each side.

I like this pink towel so much, I started another one in Bernat Handicrafter Cotton blues variegated…


However, it seems to have morphed into a placemat…


I used the same number of stitches as the pink towel (56) but went down a needle size to 3.75mms (US5) and knit 18 repeats for a 17” length. The width on this one is only 11” after blocking (my knitting tension is all over the map). The border is moss stitch (Kl, Pl, Kl). The BH yarn ombres are 68 yards, so I used 2 skeins plus a little bit of a third skein. My next placemat will have 17 repeats and I should be able to squeeze it out of two skeins.



This little furball turned his tail to me every time I tried to take his picture…



It's coming up to the time when I fill my face in the middle of the day, so I'm off to try out my new placemat. I will wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.




“We are the boat, we are the sea, I sail in you; you sail in me”
~Lorre Wyatt