Friday, March 07, 2008

Brrrrrrr....

Early morning ice on the birdbath...


and grey skies in the harbour…


There was sunshine too, but I forgot to take a picture.


More Caps For Amber (scroll to the bottom of the page for information on the project)…


I finished my self-imposed quota of 50 preemie caps…

Speaking of quotas, my dear friend Dorothy is knitting finger puppets for her local hospital; so far she has 1,000+ puppets and no end in sight for a very worthy cause. Dorothy has provided links to free patterns on her blog’s sidebar. She invites you to knit finger puppets for your local hospital and send her the total count. I would love to knit some puppets but I am the worst at stitching a face on a toy; they look too scary to give to a child.

So, I’m back to knitting cloths for the birthing project and I’m using the DW Cloth pattern this time (the pictures are not coming up on the site for some reason)…


I tried to knit a feather & fan cloth but the counting and yo’s are too much for my wobbly brain right now, so this is the next best thing to knitting plain stocking stitch…



It’s Peanut Time in our yard…


and the crows are trying to get their share…




Here’s an easy recipe for an Easter Bunny Cake. My mom used to make this every year when we were kids, except she made it in one big pan, 8”x13” or thereabouts, cut an 8”x8” square and used the leftovers for bunny ears.



What a struggle I had with Blogger this morning. The photos just didn't want to make an appearance, so I hope all is well from your side of the monitor, dear reader, and you can see my pictures with no problem. I will wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.



“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
~Anthony J. D'Angelo