Friday, February 29, 2008

Rosebud...

a treasured gift from a bear-making friend. Rosebud is sewn entirely by hand and my friend also knit the matching sweater and hat; what talent some people have.



Speaking of talent, my wizard knitting friend created these beautiful Old World Booties



and then we come to my feeble attempts at crocheting…


30 wee caps so far…


and more to come. I’m playing with colour combinations and quite enjoying my crochet experience…



Our furry visitors are back and they are so very hungry. munch, munch…



One morning each week we enjoy a hot chocolate and an Island oat bar at our Starbucks, then drive along the waterfront, soaking up the sights and smells and sounds of Steveston. This is the view nearby…


I look forward to this adventure with much excitement. I know it must seem insignificantly small to you, dear reader, but this is the highlight of my week, and the times I’ve had to miss going because of relapse have been sad moments.

I do not share this with you to receive pity or sympathy, but to say, truly you can learn to enjoy the small experiences in life. I know I have. When most everything else is taken away, what you have left becomes very dear and precious, and maybe that’s a good thing, as Martha would say.

Basil is looking rather tired and ragged…



and so am I (I won’t scare you with a photo of me), so we are going to have a nice long nap now. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday. Happy Leap Year!



"A bear teaches us that if the heart is true, it doesn't matter much if an ear drops off."
~Helen Exley