Friday, February 01, 2008

Winter Light...

K took this photo in Steveston harbour…



The Warm Ribbed Winter Hat is finished…



I used Patons classic merino wool, casting on 96sts. to a 4.5mm (US7) 16” circular and knitting for 12 inches before decreasing and switching to dpns...



If you would like to knit a ribbed hat on two straight needles, some easy designs are Bev's Really Basic Stretchy Rib Hat pattern or the Chunky Ribbed Hat for a thicker hat (you can substitute two strands of worsted weight for the chunky).

I made the hat long enough to fold double over the ears, for extra layering warmth...



and the Mindless Mitts are done...



Just the facts:
55 sts. on 4.5mm (US7) straight needles, garter stitch for 8 inches, bind off, stitch up the top 2 inches, leave a space for the thumb and sew up the rest of the row and you have a cozy pair of wristers (my camera does not like this colour)…



I also knit me some Tribbles from my cotton stash (thanks to Jo Ann for sending me the pattern link)…




We had a snow day this week…



along with the arrival of the first hydrangea bud…




Tulips to celebrate 37 years…





and now it’s time for a jolly cup of tea on this 1st day of February…




See you soon, dear reader, and I hope all your days are peaceful ones.




“There's a certain Slant of light,
Winter afternoons…”
Emily Dickinson