Friday, February 08, 2008

Knit One, Crochet Too...

We had a big fat snow day last week…



There has been hat knitting happening here. I completed a 3AM Cable Hat recently. It’s a nice design and easy enough if you know how to cable….


I can knit cables but apparently I cannot knit the stitches between the cables…


My gauge was looser than a goose and the hat is larger than I intended. When the pain is intense I tend to hold the needles lightly and it shows in my finished work. I love this hat in spite of the mistooks, so I’ll keep it for my own ginormous beano…



There has also been crocheting (yes, me, crocheting)…


Last month I joined a knit/crochet-along @ Ravelry. I did manage to knit two hats on double pointed needles but it was a struggle. I couldn’t send only two hats to the project, so I decided to give my 35 year old crochet hooks a workout…


I was pleasantly surprised to find I hadn’t forgotten the basic crocheting skills I learned all those years ago (and when I drop a stitch, which is often, there really is only one stitch to pick up)…


The preemie cap designs are from the Save The Children Canada project (click on the 2008 information link for the crochet and knitting patterns).

K built me a wooden noggin to display my preemie caps…


I have to mail these wee caps by mid-March so they will reach Darlene by April 1st, which means I still have a few weeks to up the ante (and hopefully improve my crocheting skills)…



and now for a nice mug of hot chocolate on a winter’s day...



I hope your week is a peaceful one, dear reader. See you soon.





“You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. “
~Colette