Friday, February 15, 2008

New Life...

Nothing in our garden delights me more than the first daffodils…



Last week I took some time away from my community knitting to make this pair of Emerald Green Handwarmers for me (I didn’t have emerald green in my stash)…


I used Patons Astra in hot pink (I like this yarn, soft and warm) and 4mms (US6)…


My new favourite handwarmers, light enough to wear on these pre-Spring days…



Back to my community knitting with some new feather & fan cloths for the birthing project…


215 cloths so far…



and a new batch of Save The Children preemie caps…


I changed the brim to a lacy look…


It doesn’t take much time to crochet these little caps and hopefully they will warm some wee babes - 20 caps and counting…




Vogue Knitting has some free patterns from their Alpaca collection (I see a pair of Aran Gauntlets I’d like to try one day). VK also has a nice collection of knitting wallpaper, as does the Potter Craft site.


This little squirrel knocked over the seed bucket again, but was kind enough to share the spoils with a sparrow...



Well, dear reader, I had other stuff to share with you but my concentration has slipped away, so we'll say goodbye for this week and hope to see you next time.




"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size."
- Gertrude S. Wister