Friday, January 18, 2008

Wild Geese...

The snow geese have been flying overhead every day...


and I am listening to Martha Ostenso’s Wild Geese, a brilliant story written in the 1920s. The style reminds me of the Bronte novels and is a perfect read for this time of year with the feeling of endless time. I love January.

Whilst listening, I am also knitting. I finished my Ribbed Wristwarmers...


This is the easiest design and so toasty warm…


I knit them with Patons classic merino wool, Palais colourway, on 4.5mms (US7) …



Sheepie is helping me knit a Warm Ribbed Winter Hat for K in classic wool, Deep Olive colourway...


I’ve added another 8 sts. to the design to fit his 23” head comfortably, so 96 sts. on a size 4.5mm (US7) circular should do the trick…


I’m also knitting him a pair of Mindless Mitts in the same yarn, but they will be much longer and wider than those in the pattern. I'll give the details and photos next time.

We’ve had snowy days in Finn Slough…


and our backyard…



Vik knit me this lovely rose pin and it matches my coat perfectly…



I’d like to share a song I came across recently - To Be Free by Mike Oldfield. The music and words are so uplifting...

"Then suddenly, out of the blue
Some kind of magic comes to you.
You don't know how, you don't know why,
But some day you're gonna take off
and fly, fly, fly...

My wish would be:

To be free
To be wild
And to be just like a child

And if I get lost
I really don't mind
Because I'm me
Doing just fine."




I hope you’re doing just fine too, dear reader. See you soon.





“You live longer once you realize any time spent being unhappy is wasted.”
~Ruth E. Renkl