Friday, January 04, 2008

West Coast chronicles...

K took some photos of Howe Sound, on the way to visit friends in Lions Bay...


I love the west coast...



Meanwhile, I’ve been madly knitting in all directions, including this Warm Ribbed Winter Hat


I really like this pattern because it works up quickly and the k4,p4 rib stretches nicely. I used 4mms (US6) for the first 3 inches so the turn-up hem would be a closer fit, then I switched to the 4.5mms (US7). You can see how the swirls increase in length as they move up the hat on the larger needles…



I also knit a wee Preemie hat from classic wool leftovers for the Save The Children, Canada campaign...

I cannot believe a baby’s head could be so tiny. I really had to stretch the cap to fit this regulation-size baseball…



During idle moments, I’ve been knitting a bunch more birthing cloths from my feather & fan pattern…



My wizard knitting friend made these warm and woolly socks for Mr. Bigfoot and he is one happy sock monster…



I’m really enjoying my Irish Hiking Wrist Warmers. They fit snuggly over my fleece gloves for the coldest days….


I now have a pair of these wristers on my needles from the Crystal Palace Yarns free pattern site and they are coming along nicely (photos next week).




So, here we are at the start of a leap year, which means one extra day to knit, to play, to be happy. Yay! Happy New Year to you, dear reader. I hope your 2008 is a peaceful one. See you next Friday.





“Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.”
~Seymour Miller & Jill Jackson