Friday, September 21, 2007

Summer's End...

Autumn is almost upon us, but the hydrangeas are still colouring our landscape…



I really like the Ballband Dishcloth


but I find it a difficult design to memorize…


So I challenged myself…


It was easier the second time around, although I did have to start over 3 times…


I’ve been meaning to try the DW Cloth for awhile now and finally made the attempt…


It’s a simple design; no ripping back on this one. I like the way the slipped stitches break up the colours in the variegated yarn…



I’m feeling the urge to knit socks again and I’m thinking of indulging in a set of Sox Stix double pointed needles. I'm hopeful the smaller length might be easier on my hands. Any advice from the sock knitters?

I still haven’t learned the Magic Loop technique and I don’t know if I ever will. Mind you, it took me forever to grasp the concept of knitting with double pointed needles. I’m pretty sure I almost poked my eye out one time, when I wasn’t dropping the needles down the side of the sofa or sitting on them. Did I ever share my learning-to-knit-with-dpns story with you? It’s still available in the Knitty archives HERE. Hard to believe it’s been almost five years.

Steveston Crafts is carrying the new line of Kaffe Fassett Regia sock yarn. Wow. It’s yummy soft and the colours are stunning. You can see the available colourways HERE but they don’t do justice to the actual yarn. It’s saturated with colour and depth. The one I covet is Landscape Caribbean…



Mama is taking a break from feeding her young. I would think it’s rather late in the season to be rearing squirrel babies…


especially since rain has returned to the west coast…


and the sparrows are bulking up for winter…



I’ll wish you a peaceful week, dear reader, and hope to see you next Friday.



“All the knowledge I possess,
everyone else can acquire,
but my heart is all my own.”
~Johann von Goethe, 1774