Friday, September 28, 2007

The View...

from our kitchen window…


Mama squirrel is still weaning her babies. I'm wondering how the little ones will survive so late in the season...

A little to the right, the birds are filling up...



The Canadian Dishcloth group had a fall exchange and I received this incredible package from Joan. She sent me a Flying Geese Cloth, a Pumpkin Cloth and a bundle of yummy goodness with a Halloween theme…


Thank you Joan for this generous exchange package.

I also received a skein of Peaches & Creme in Mistletoe colours and I knit it up the same day, using the Kitchen Cotton Dishcloth pattern. I cast on 40 sts. instead of 46 as I find the pattern tends to stretch sideways with my loose knitting habit…


I like the way it formed this big X in the centre. It's the first time I’ve used Peaches & Crème and I agree with the enthusiasts – it is a very soft cotton – but I still like my Sugar ‘n Cream; I just wish it came in more varied colourways.

Another feather & fan in Sugar ‘n Cream Pinky Stripes


Years ago, I wouldn’t be caught in the same room with so much pinkness, but now it’s one of my favourite colours…



Mauve and blue…



Jimmy Beans Wool has a bunch of free knitting patterns, including a dishcloth design provided for the 2007 Emmy’s award show.


And so, dear reader, we are at the end of another long missive. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I might share photos of our renovations in progress.



“Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night.”
~Marion Howard