Friday, September 14, 2007

Something Old, Something New

I knit these tube socks several months ago from my basic recipe…


The yummy colours are from Kroy Crazy Stripes sock yarn.

These feather & fan cloths are knit from the new Sugar ‘n Cream Stripes yarn.

Tie Dye Stripes…


Country Stripes…


and a hybrid cloth from the leftovers…


I also knit this colourful cloth from Knits by Rachel for a friend who loves to play Bingo. I hope it brings her luck…


While most of our hydrangeas are turning to their autumnal shades of mauve and dusty brown, there are still a few new buds coming into bloom…


We’ve been in the midst of some glorious weather on the west coast and our hanging baskets are enjoying the sunshine…



I received my invite to join Ravelry a few weeks ago. It’s still in the Beta stage but you can take a tour through the site by clicking on the Video Tour button HERE (it takes awhile to load and the pages move rather quickly through the tour, but you can use the pause or back/forward buttons to suit your reading speed.

Outside my window...



Here’s a link to some easy knitting patterns from uk handknitting.

Quit talking and feed me…


On that note I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.




“Everyone who is born holds dual citizenship, in the kingdom of the well and in the kingdom of the sick. Although we all prefer to use only the good passport, sooner or later each of us is obliged, at least for a spell, to identify ourselves as citizens of that other place.”
~Susan Sontag, Illness as Metaphor, 1977