Friday, August 17, 2007

More of the same...


I’ve knit another Blissful Moss Rib Cloth in bright colours. I love this design for using up small stash because the ribbing pulls the colours together in a pleasing way and it looks good from both sides.


I also finished a Friendship Chain Cloth


This looks like a simple enough design but for some reason it was difficult for me to follow. I underlined each row with a sticky note plus I used my row counter and I still managed to wander off into the knitting desert several times.

Now I’m knitting a Cookie Jar cloth from Knits By Rachel and having no problems following along…


I asked Rachel if she could design a teacup themed pattern and she created the Tea Time and Sugar & Creamer cloths. What talent this woman has! As soon as I re-stock my cotton stash with solid colours I’ll be flinging stitches on the needles for both these designs. (Sorry for the poor quality photo; I took it last night under my lamp).

Last year I finished more than 140 hats & scarves for the Dulaan project (all on big needles and multiple yarns, so not as impressive as it seems) and my 2005 knits were almost as substantial. This year my knitting has been all about the cloth. My total non-cloth knitting for 2007 consists of 2 scarves, 5 hats and 6 pairs of tube socks. Pitiful, really.

Once in awhile I think I should exert myself and work on something more tangible, but I know it isn’t going to happen anytime soon, given the state of my cognitive abilities and energy. Instead, I throw another cloth on the needles, like this simple design...



Our hydrangeas are coming to the end of their blue season…



and the squirrels are demanding more peanuts...



The days have been warmish for the most part but you can really tell summer is winding down. The nights are deliciously cool and the hardwood floors are chilly on the toes in the early morning hours. Last night we had rain and this morning the sky was filled with glorious colour and the air smells crisp and clean.


So, here we are at the end of another rambling one-sided chat. I’m off for an appointment soon, hence the early morning post. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I may talk about knitting and kayaking and other stuff.



“And by and by Christopher Robin came to an end of things and he was silent, and he sat there, looking out over the world, just wishing it wouldn't stop.”
~Winnie the Pooh