Friday, July 06, 2007

Just One More...

or maybe a few more in fruit flavours…



I’ve sent out another box of 25 feather & fan cloths to the Phillipines for a total of 65. It’s not surprising I can’t seem to knit anything else. Soon as I pick up the needles and yarn, my fingers automatically work the same f&f pattern no matter how hard I try to break them of the habit. I wonder if there is a support group for me.

A few more in ice cream colours…



and just one more knitalong. Yes, I joined another knitalong, even though I rarely participate in the one I already belong to. It’s all about Christmas, so how could I resist, especially when the Big Day is less than 6 months away. woohoo!! I rarely knit for Christmas but this year I’m hoping to dress my teddies in festive woollies, plus my usual supply of knitted cloths for those who like them.

Joining the Christmas KAL inspired me to participate in the Dishcloth Fun KAL. So far I have this…



I have no idea what I’m making but it’s a hoot to wait each day for the next 3 rows.

This is my awesome package from my exchange partner on the Canadian Dishcloth group.



I received a soft variegated cloth, 3 beautiful stitch markers made by Josee, some tea and a lavender sachet. I love participating in these exchanges and haven’t missed one yet. It’s so much fun to plan a package for my partner and I like the anticipation of wondering what I will receive in exchange.

Spare Parts…

I ordered another set of 3.75mms & 4mms plus a 12” cord for my Denise Interchangeable Needles. This time I bought pink and it is definitely easier on the eyes than the dark blue, plus the connections are tighter.


This company is awesome to deal with. I received a phone call from Virginia a few days after I placed my order. They were letting me know the order had been delayed but it was going in the mail that morning. I received the package 5 days later. Excellent service.


The blue hydrangeas are back for their summer appearance…



Does anyone know the name of this blossom? I thought it was a butterfly bush but no, it doesn’t really look like one.



I missed you last week and I apologize for not posting a “Gone Fishing” or “In Bed Because of Infection” sign on my blog. I’ll spare you the details of the most recent health issues. I can hardly believe this happening to me. My body used to be my friend but lately we’re not on speaking terms. I did have a wonderful visit with an old friend though and it made for an extra special week.

K spotted this little red squirrel at the Richmond Nature Park. He’s almost as small as a chipmunk but look at the size of those toes…


So, dear reader, I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday.




“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
~Oprah Winfrey