Friday, June 22, 2007

Knitting Bag...

no, not me. I’m talking about my elegant, one-of-a-kind, deluxe model knitting bag…



It’s an old holiday shopping bag held together with clear packaging tape. The handles fell off awhile ago, so I crocheted a set (something I am not good at). I have another knitting bag I use for the occasional second project, but it’s in rattier shape and covered in silver duct tape, so I will spare your eyes.

Here’s my vast array of knitting tools…



not much, I know. I’m the most basic of knitters.

You’re probably surprised to hear I was knitting a feather & fan cloth…



I did complete the two green & white Ballband cloths…



I love the design up close…



and I finally knit one of Rachel’s cloths - the Lacy 4 Leaf Clover cloth...



I managed to mess up the cast off row. I should have seed stitched 5 rows instead of 4, but hey, I finished! I think I’m going to try another one of Rachel’s cloths, just not sure which one. They are all so cool.


Busted…
We bought a new bird feeder because the old one fell apart after years of use. Last week K put the new feeder up and the next morning here’s what we saw…



This feeder is definitely not squirrel-proof. A teenage squirrel has been swinging on the feeder and stuffing his face full of seeds ever since. K fixed the old feeder and we placed it back up on the railing but you know what? The punk squirrel had a taste of the good life and he can’t stop now. This is what I came out to early this morning…



It’s funny to watch him jump several feet in the air when we yell at him but also frustrating because the birds aren’t getting their share of seeds. I’m not sure my brain is up to the challenge of outwitting a wily squirrel.


A field of poppies in Steveston…





Bike Man, moving too fast for the camera…



I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, when I may or may not talk about dental work and squirrels…




“Then followed that beautiful season…Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.”
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow