Friday, June 15, 2007

June Bug...

There was a little pink bug lurking in the hydrangeas…



I’ve been knitting up some Ballband Dishcloths. They’re like potato chips to me; I can’t knit just one of these yummy cloths and they are fun for using up bits & pieces from the cotton stash. Just so you know, the Textured Slip Stitch Cloth at the Dishcloth Boutique site is the exact same pattern.



The colours remind me of our calla lily…



another Ballband in purple, yellow and white…



see Milly the cow in the background? K cut the form on his scrollsaw and I painted her. She’s been around forever…



I love the texture and design of these cloths…



a basket of petunias on our patio…



furry tail taking a break at the water fountain…


It's an early morning post because I’m having a play day (fingers crossed). If the weather improves, we’re going to Garry Point Park to eat ice cream and watch the kite flyers and the fishing boats and try to avoid seagull droppings (there are a kazillion seagulls in the park).

If the weather stays grey and chilly, we may have breakfast at our favourite café, then take a leisurely drive along River Road and stop for photos here and there. I don't mind what we do, really. I'll be grateful if I can go out for a short while and see a bit of the world.



So, I must go dust myself off and brush my hair and scrub my teeth and put on some grown up clothes. I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday. ps: the water levels reached their highest peak and are starting to recede and there is no threat of flooding in our area. yay!!




“Life is like an ice-cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time.”
~Charles M. Schulz