Friday, June 08, 2007

Let's Pretend...



Let’s pretend we don’t live on an island one measly metre above sea level and the rivers are reaching their highest peaks and the snow melt is humongous and people in other towns are being evacuated and their homes are flooded..…let’s pretend none of this is happening and talk about nice stuff, like knitting and puppies and sofas…



I’ve sent 40 of my feather & fan cloths to a friend in Victoria. Her knitting guild is collecting them for women training as midwives in the Philippines. When they graduate from the course, they receive a washcloth, much treasured, which is used to wash the mother and baby after delivery. A cloth is also given to each mother & babe.

Every time I start one of these cloths, I think of where it will be going and what it will be used for and I feel much joy in the process of knitting a humble cloth.

a different design this time, Alex’s Cloth in rose pink…




hostas and raindrops…





and bandits in the backyard…



The computer guys came last Friday and set up our computers. Good people and they really do drive around in a Mini Cooper with the logo on the side. Everyone who walked past our house was stopping to look.

an eagle watching over us...



I checked the City of Richmond Flood Watch site and all is OK so far. I’ve put together an emergency knitting kit and it’s sitting by the front door, just in case we have to evacuate.

I’ll wish you a peaceful week and hope to see you next Friday, if the water doesn’t get me first.




“Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.”
~Benjamin Franklin